Industrial safety signs support an accident-free workplace. In addition, they oftentimes serve as reminders to use company-wide safety protocols when engaging in dangerous activities. What are the must-have warehouse safety signs for Fort Worth companies and which materials should you rely on? Your questions – answered.
In addition to using warehouse vinyl graphics for Fort Worth venues, you have the option of choosing aluminum and magnetic surfaces. Each material fulfills specific needs within your safety signage repertoire. For example, the magnetic board allows a management team to track successful consecutive days of safety protocol adherence and days without accidents.
The beauty of customized signs is the idea that you can display any message that is germane to your work environment. What are some suggestions for effective warehouse messages?
- Bilingual signage. If your staff consists of workers for whom English is a second language, why not display the most important safety instructions in both English and the target language?
- Utility markers. Clearly mark your utility closet and other areas of the warehouse where dangers not related to the jobs exist. This prevents workers from accidentally entering boiler rooms or using unsuitable utility closets for storage.
- Warning tags. If one of more of your tools or work vehicles are defective or due for repairs, place warning tags on them to keep workers from using them.
- Safety warnings. These signs are customized for your business. Whether you operate at great heights, work on electrical wires or stock heavy freight overhead, make sure that your workers know how to stay safe while performing their tasks. The occasional reminder to wear a hard hat, protective eye gear and to use safety guards is well worth the effort of placing a sticker in target locations.
Flat metal or vinyl signs are among the most commonly relied upon safety markers in warehouses. That said, you do have other choices as well. Depending on your location requirements, your sign might have to look different.
- Safety symbol stickers. A sign that proclaims a hard hat area is always a good idea. Add a safety sticker to the doors that lead into the restricted area as well. If someone overlooks the sign, there is the sticker on the door to act as a reminder.
- Wraps. Are some pipes running through your warehouse hot to the touch? Are others at a height where someone might bump into them? Wrap them with clearly visible warning signage.
- Tape. Tape shut the ignition to the defective forklift with an imprinted sticker product that cautions the employee to take a different vehicle. Larger quantities of tape serve to rope off an entire area that is under construction or awaiting a safety inspection.
When you talk to our experienced signage makers at Cowtown Graphics & Signs, we can help you design the perfect safety markers that uniquely suit your business, safety needs and material requirements. Whether you run a standard consumer goods warehouse or store hazardous materials and liquids, let us help you with safety protocol compliance and the creation of prolonged accident-free periods.